Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Kurt Wenner's painting at National Museum

I wanted to make sure I did something interesting instead of letting the time slipped through and done nothing ( like last year). I heard of Kurt Wenner's anamorphic floor painting a few weeks ago and was thrilled to find out the master-piece is still available for viewing till end of the month. I brought along my Peleng 8mm - expecting my 17-40mm wont be able to frame the painting entirely. It was still drizzling when I arrived at the National Museum 1:30pm. Only a handful of paying visitors and the Iskandar's painting was there - a bit smaller than I have imaged... A special lens (see above) was set up to allow viewers to have a proper perspective (3D?) viewing of the anamorphic painting. I took a few shots, moved around and stayed behind a little while to watch how others react to the painting.
Click the images for a closer look.

I was looking at the pond's reflection and found two figures there. ( rotated and flipped)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got to take a photo with the man himself! If you are interested to see more pictures of him at work in the museum, you can read my blog entry.

Dark Matter said...

Hi Veron:
You are very lucky then.. I only knew the event AFTER he left...and before they 'erase' the work to make room for New Year Party ...I think.